10 Tips from the Best Gym in Albany
On average it takes 66 days for a healthy habit to become an automatic action. By creating healthy habits and sticking to them, it can help prevent health problems, increase your energy and mood, and can help improve mental health.
- Write down your goals, big and small.
- Break down these goals into small actions you can implement throughout your day.
- Make it fun!
- Make your habits flexible (I want to work out once a day vs I want to work out everyday at 6am).
- Think smaller, set your goal for 15 or 30 days instead of 1 year.
- Your habit might be easy to forget so create a way to remind yourself.
- Find a friend!
- Use the word “but” for example, (I don’t think I can do this, but if I keep trying maybe i’ll get it).
- Remove yourself from temptation. For example (goal is: lose weight, temptation: cookies in the cabinet).
- Do it for yourself!
Creating healthy habits can be hard but using these tricks can make it easier!